View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 05:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jomey

Hi Saphie, It's hard, isnt' it, to fit more stuff into an already full schedule? Things happened kind of naturally for me, because I wasted a lot of time when I was drinking. I was mainly an evening drinker, and I didn't get much accomplished between the hours of 5 -10 pm most days, to put it kindly. Once I started feeling the energy come back, and I started to make wise use of that time, I got a lot more accomplished.

However, that isn't always enough. As a working mom, I know how hard it is to make time for yourself, but you MUST remember that your whole family is counting on your recovery! So, make that a priority. If necessary, make a list of what absolutely MUST be done today, put the list away for a few minutes, then look at it again. Is there anything that can be removed? Also, don't be afraid to delegate...to your kids, your partner, your family, your friends....especially in early sobriety.

And be careful with your "musts"...if your kids are little, for example, MUST you clean up all the toys off the floor every evening? MUST you put a homecooked dinner on the table, or would sandwiches and tinned soup and the like do for the next few weeks?

Be gentle with yourself, make your recovery a priority, and let go of the little things.

Good luck!
Jomey