Thread: One Month
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 07:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
NEJeeper

Originally Posted by coffeenut View Post
The best news is you have quit drinking! You sound quite positive and on the road to a healthy sobriety.

I wouldn't worry about the ankle monitor....it's better than sitting in a cell, I would think.
Yeah I am really not the prison type. It sucks that I am an alcoholic and got myself into this mess. I am really rather smart(when I am not drinking) I just do stupid stuff when I am drunk. But I am moving forward. I started stocking up on painting supplies already, I like to do oil painting.

I really can't complain I mean jail is jail and here I have hdtv, wii, high speed dsl, moms cooking, I can have visitors, paint, and still go to college.

I am trying to be optimistic. I am profoundly depressed in reality, but I am trying to look at it from the perspective that I could have killed someone, or that I could be in a cell for 90 days eating gruel and stuff(I know jail isn't that bad, but thinking of it like that helps me deal with the future house arrest)

I do kind of wish I had a gf, but I need some more time to get myself together before that happens.

One thing I am bummed about is how I have to have an alcohol monitor in my vehicle after I get my license back after 12-18 months. It is going to be so awkward blowing into that thing to start my car picking up a girl for the first date. I think we will have to meet somewhere so she doesn't see that until she gets to know me a little.