Old 01-31-2010, 08:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
intention
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by JasperFan View Post
I blackout from early in the night and can still be completely functioning but missing hours of memory the next day.
Hi JasperFan,

This is a sign that you are in the middle stages of the disease of alcoholism. It's scary when you start to blackout so early in the night when you know you have the capacity to really hold a lot of drink. Not to mention the fear over what you have done while in blackout.

The stage after this is late stage alcoholism. When you get to this point you need to drink just to function normally because your body and brain as so physically dependant on alcohol. You start to drink in the morning to stop the shakes......and then it will just get worse and worse.

Don't think that you will get any warning before you get to the late stage. Many people call it an invisible line that you cross. The stories that have been told here about this are scary.

I had quit for 6 weeks so I didn't think I was even an alcoholic and then then back to my normal binging over the next month or so. The last few drunks I didn't want to drink. I even hated the taste. I cried as I downed the glasses of wine "in one". It was horrible. Looking back now I was just crossing that invisible line......

Thank God I made the decision to get help before the inevitable happened.