View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 01:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bookwyrm
Curled up in a good book...

Oh (((hopelesswife))).

I really feel for you. I 'played by the rules', I was 'good'. And it still didn't make the slightest bit of difference to how XAH behaved. No one should ever have to go through what you've been through. Physical violence is NEVER acceptable.

The hardest thing to accept is that you cannot change him. Nothing you do or say will make that happen. He is the only one who can change himself. But there is hope for you. You can change YOU. You don't have to be 'that girl'. You can regain control of your own life again. You just have to take one small step at a time.

Have a read through the sticky posts at the top of the forum - there is a lot of information and wisdom there! Have you considered counselling or AlAnon? When my marriage was falling apart, my one to one sessions with a counsellor really helped me. It helped me gain a better perspective on what was happening to me. You can always ask your local domstive violence service for advice.

One last thing. I dare say your family are really worried about you and know more about what's happened than you think they do. Do you think you could try to open up to them? My family was a great source of support and comfort for me once I gave them to chance to be.

Welcome to the site. Keep posting and sharing. It really does help! :ghug3