Thread: Starting a New
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 08:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LivingForBetter

Starting a New

I'm really having a hard time trying to cope with all of this because nobody knows what I am going through except for my boyfriend and sometimes I feel as if I just need someone else to talk to. I am on my 3rd day of detoxing at home from opiate use. I only have been using for about 8 months, but I'm really glad I realized the problem before it got any worse. I am not going to any programs, so I'm hoping this forum will help a little with the whole mental part of it. It all started with just taking roxicets on the weekend to so ""have a good time"" which ended up leading to an increasingly large heroin addiction. Nobody in our lives know we are heroin addicts, and we live normal everyday lives. We had money to support our what we thought was a well managed drug habit. How can someone continue to make excuses on how we weren't as bad as others we see around us. Before you know it, you don't even get high anymore. I have to sniff down bags in the morning just to get through my work day without anyone thinking there is anything wrong. I have watched people around me destroy their lives, and because we still have money in the bank, and have jobs and a place to live we were fine...But in all reality the same could happen to us and that it why we have made the decision that enough is enough. Thinking about all the money that was spent, makes me sick. Even though we still have all the means of living, all that money could have been spent on much better things, such as our children.. So it's been 3 full days without any opiates, and I gotta say I feel pretty good. I am just really praying for a good nights sleep tonight because the insomnia is killer.. I have been taking ambien at night to go to sleep and it helps some. The hot and cold sweats are sometimes unbearable, but I actually was able to eat today.. funny to, because I think I ate more then I did in the last eight months... I lost like 30lbs.. not dieting, no excercise.. but we are striving for a better life as a family, and do normal things again... This life is so much more than all these drugs...