View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 03:44 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Stealthealer

Well, today is day #39 for me, and in three hours, I can consider myself IN day 40.

I am trying not to be pragmatic about the drinking. I suspect that, alot like unbroken, I could have "averaged down" my weekly consumption, and as long as the trend line was downhill, I could consider it a victory. But for me I don't think that would work...undoubtedly I would find some excuse to bump up a notch here and there....leading me back to where I was.

However, I am not sure I'm a believer in all-or-none either. Never is too endless a word (as is always).

SO here I am thinking about all of you one-day-at-a-time-ers and how much sense that makes. Problem is, I know too much about physiology and my body- my liver is likely back to normal, my brain is functioning fine, and I have an otherwise healthy lifestyle. There is realtive order in my life. I could go on a 3 day bender now, then quit again for another 40 days, and I'd be back to baseline normalcy once again....

Am I fooling myself or just over-thinking, boiling things down to the most simple common denominator?