Thread: 17 hours sober
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 11:23 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Steven35

Hi all,
I'm up to 42 hours now. Feeling a little better. Some of the anxiety is getting easier but the depression, anger, sadness etc.. is still all over the place. I took a half of a benadryl last night and actually slept!
Tazman53, I hope I wasn't insulting in the things I brought up about AA. After re-reading my post I saw how it may have been a bit insulting. I didn't mean to imply that AA is a "room full of old drunks". I think it's a great organization that has helped tons of people. I just don't know if it's for me yet for lots of different reasons.. And yes, I am recently turned 35, and it was a VERY depressing birthday. I feel like 15 years slipped by without me knowing.
I have an appointment with my psychiatrist on the 9th and I want to re-evaluate my medication. Being depressed ALL THE TIME is not an option. In the 11 and 1/2 months of sobriety I had, yes I felt much more relaxed and healthier, but I was still depressed all the time. I believe it is this depression that has always been the root cause of my substance abuse.. Standard SSRI antidepressants didn't work for me so I need to explore tis much further.
I also want to make an appointment with a GP just for a standard physical but now I have to find a new one, because the old one no longer takes my insurance.