Old 01-27-2010, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AMarie71

Hello everyone, I'm new to this and need advice

Hi, I am hoping to get some advice on my situation. My bf is an alcoholic. He has tried several times to stop. Out of our two years together (two years today) I have only seen him 6 months sober. The usual would be a couple months sober then back to a binge. And today is one of those days of all days. He doesn't drink every day but, he goes on binges between 4 to 7 days. He's gone to AA but, didn't want to get a sponsor. He was upset with me because I didn't go to his meetings with him. So he stopped. But, I supported him in every other aspect that I could. I was a social drinker and I have quit that. I've suggested rehab after a binge and he won't listen to that or he'll change the subject. And after many binges I would be there to take care of him while he would detox. I told him if he couldn't stop then, he would have to move out of the house. I couldn't go through another binge and feeling so worried about what he would do next. He is very mean when he drinks. So, I finally had enough nerve to ask him to leave. He left on Thanksgiving day. It was a very sad day for me. I still continue to have a relationship with him. We see each other on the weekends when he's sober. He told me he gave me two years of hell and he promised me he would make our third year a better one. Well, he started a binge today. I don't know what to do anymore. I love him so much and I can't even picture my life without him. I am really sad today, it is our anniversary and I was hoping to spend it with him but, he couldn't give me that.