Thread: About me
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 12:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Steven35

Thats some true talk, Crack Quack. I too believe that our drugs of choice have more to do with an attempt to heal, comfort, and run from difficulties (mental or physical) in our lives.
Luis: It's very commedable that you are recognizing this type of behavior as a problem now at such a youg age. I just turned 35 shortly before this recent 9 day alcohol,xanax,percocet binge. I think I got drunk for the first time when I was 14.. That means it took 21 years for me to realize that Alcohol can never EVER touch my lips. I cannot control it even though there have been plenty of times in my life when it looked like I was. For me Alcohol is not an option.. Neither are any other psychoactive substances (although weed actually did restore my appetite after quite a few alcohol binges, but I didn't continue when I was eating well again) For me it's kind of like having an ALLERGY.
It's good that u want to get away from it all now, and here is a great place to start. Talking to a professional abot depression is an excellent idea too.. It is a real illness that manifests in man forms.. I myself have a type of bipolar disorder which causes severe depressive episodes. The good news is, these things are treatable, and not just with drugs but other techniques such as cognitive behavioral therapy etc.. etc..
So welcome and good luck!