View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
anovapartofme

Smile

Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
Regarding your question of "Does it get easier"? I am only on day 12, but little by little it is getting easier. But, there are always going to be good days, and bad days. Heck, for me sometimes it has been that I had good hours and bad hours within a day. What has helped me the most was reading the information regarding PAWS.

I found it hard on Sunday when I was watching TV and saw someone pouring a glass of hard liquor. I actually felt the craving, but luckily I got rid of all the alcohol in my house, so it was impossible for me to partake. I managed to talk myself down, and focus on something else instead of the cravings.

You should pat yourself on the back for staying sober the past two days - congratulations! Stay strong, and check in often!
Oh yes I absolutely ID with the tv showing people ''enjoying'' alcohol. It seems to be the acceptable thing to do!?? :wtf2

The main soap operas here in the UK are based around a pub!!
Showing images of folks laughing and having fun whilst pouring poison into a glass..............I also feel resentful of this...........
But I am learning to watch and say to myself I am taking responsibilty for my own health here........one day at a time..............no fanfare or trumpets..just a healthier me................I hope...in time........