View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 09:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Saphie

It's tough isn't it MsHappy? I'm in the same situation. I've had originally 15 months under my belt when I relapsed and now it's 4 mths plus. I still find it very difficult that my husband, even if just occasional, keeps booze around. If I'm feeling really strong it's no problem; however if I'm caught out in a weak moment and I know where it's kept (lets face it, we know all the hiding places ) well then it's another matter.
Mostly it just bothers me, makes me angry, makes me question 'why' he can't understand.

What helped me were the members here with experience. It really helped. I've learned to live around my HB when it comes to his drink and my recovery. He will never understand, it's not even his fault, he is NOT an alcoholic. How could he understand? He is supportive and smart and tries, but he will never experience the pain of being an alcoholic. Your husband does sound supportive too, maybe you should sit down, have a heart to heart and come to some kind of arrangement that suits both of you.

In the meantime, please keep coming to SR and let it all out. You are doing well, don't let this discourage you.