View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MsHappy2BSober

Day 11 and Husband bringing beer home

I haven't checked in in a few days. It's been busy around here. I am still sober and strong. I am feeling pretty good, too. Anxiety is all but gone... I am down to .5 mg Ativan just before bed and that is it. I guess I am bummed that my husband is still bringing booze into the house. Thankfully, I would not touch the beer his drinks even at my most desperate... seriously, I can't handle it... but I think it is insensitive of him anyways. He drank too much yesterday, was up half the night with cold sweats keeping ME up and he had a heck of a hangover this morning... this is not an every day thing for him like it was for me but it frustrated me none-the-less. He loves me... he was my rock when I was going through the withdrawals and the panic and all that went with it. He never left my side... but then to have beer and hard lemonade in the house... I don't understand.

This is day 11 and I have not had a single craving for alcohol (yet)... I have too much to live for to go back to that cr*p. I just wish he understood my determination. he always says "well I wish you could have 1 or 2 and stop" but I can't and I think he must know that deep down. I KNOW IT.... thanks for letting me vent!!!