Old 01-26-2010, 08:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

First off....Congrats on Day 30!!! For me I posted on my facebook that I was quitting but no one really knew the extent of my drinking except my husband. Since I was pretty much a closet drinker they would probably freak if they knew how much I drank. If I posted that I started a day off with a glass of wine and continued all day long.....I don't think they would understand or they may judge. I don't need negativity at this stage of recovery so I have it under wraps. I know plenty of closet drinkers but to actually admit is kinda hard. To come as a military spouse to the community may reflect negatively on hubby (even though alcohol is out of control with many service members and spouses). I think some would just go OMG...and to think you were around my kids. Meanwhile, I was never drunk around any children but they wouldn't believe that I could just turn off drinking when I wasn't home. Probably they wouldn't believe me saying I just quit cold turkey either. That is why I am here amongst friends because we understand each other.

Yayy for a sober day!