Thread: shame?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 03:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wionmysleeves

shame?

Good afternoon! I am a newcomer to this forum. I am sober 7 months now and in the last week. I having been dealing with some emotions which I am trying to understand. It has been hard. I am a little shy when it comes to big groups,but I usually have been able to overcome too much embarassment until now. For some reason, when getting into a group of people, I have been dealing with a flushed face. My face seems to get really red. When I think about it, it seems to get worse. Its like my sensitivity to heat is much more pronounced than before I quit drinking. I was wondering if this is normal. I also have been finding myself having more anxiety in these groups. I am a teacher and this is very embarrassing for me. It only happens when lets say we're having a staff meeting. Please somebody give me advice. I don't want this to continue anymore. Yesterday I went to church and felt good. In one of the scriptures, it seemed like God was talking to me. One of the sayings that appeared to me said, "Look up to the Lord with gladness and smile. Your face will never be ashamed." Could this thing that Im going through be associated to shame??? Thanks for your help beforehand!