Thread: Party Energy
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 11:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
On my path.

Party Energy

Hi all,

Once again I cannot sleep. I have read that this can be a problem with early sobriety but it has been 44 days since my last drink. I think something else is at work for me.

My husband and I love to entertain, always have. Hopefully always will. We have made financial committments to various sports and non-profits in our community. We are obligated to enertain and be entertained. I love the socializing. I love the people, the energy, the conversations and once again, the people.

My trouble is that I come back home or after people leave I find that I am ALIVE. I cannot sleep, concentrate, etc. Usually I am the designated driver and wait until I am home to have a glass (yes one glass) of wine or beer or I am the host and have had a few drinks at the party. Then sleep is no problem.

Here is my problem. What do I do when I don't drink? This is where I am tonight. WIDE awake, tired but wired. Things I have tried ...
...hot bath
...hot milk
...phone call to friend
...(ahem) relations
...late night TV

Still I am awake. I am not going to drink, that has not been a problem. But I have to sleep! Melatonin did not work, neither did antihistamines (sp). I love coming here but, sleep is better.

Any advice?

Thank you all for being here, you are so valuable to me.