Old 01-22-2010, 11:03 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Originally Posted by Alera View Post
Good to see you Goat.
You are so right on about Gneiss being in a better situation. When I studied Computer Science less than ten years ago, I was literally the only girl in all of my courses outside of CompSci 101. Things have really changed according to industry magazines and my friends in that field. Not great, but much better.

I'm so glad to hear you refused to change yourself. One of my dear male friends is also a hairy, leather-clad dude who talks about science and philosophy.

Okay, time to get off the board. My plugged ear is acting up again, and now its making me sick to my stomach. If I ended up with an infection while waiting for the ear wax softening drops to work, I'll be so angry!
slow down! My classes consist of 70% men. I don't get asked out. I'm a good friend, a smart girl, pretty, a good person. I'm never someone to ask out though. Men don't talk to me, and if I talk to them they usually find an excuse to leave. I don't know what's wrong with me. I've spent a lot of time and tears trying to figure it out and never found a good answer. Whatever it is that guys like, I don't have, regardless of what my guy friends tell me. My "intellectually aware" male friends like redneck chicks with big boobs and skimpy shirts.

And for the record, the leather-clad guy in the corner is generally the guy I wish I could be bold enough to talk to (though truth be told the few times I've made an approach it hasn't gone well). Let the others have the abercrombie model with strategically shaven stubble. Talk nerdy to me! Lol

eroica, I'm happy to see you on again. I missed you! We will take you in whatever condition. Glad you want to try again, it's a learning process and sometimes going back to it is part of the lesson.

I need some sleep.