View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 09:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
iWonder

Thank You for replying.
He ended up in Prison after the women he was dating (also a meth addict) turned him in
they had a child together. He did his time (turns out while he was in prison, karma is a bitch I guess, cuz she landed herself in prison which is where she is still) He did the program the court wanted him and also did half way house stays. He still has Parole office check on him and has to go get pee test every 3 days (he said) I met him not knowing of this about him, but picked up very quickly some thing was not quite right, felt he was shady couldnt figure it out thought perhaps he was cheating due to some strange behaviour until one night he blurted it all it that he been in prison. Anyway, that did not detour me as people make mistakes and he made a huge one that landed him in prison. He paid for it and now out, people can change and he deserves a chance. I dont want to be like everyone and turn my back on him. I tried doing the dating thing with him until three weeks ago he sent me a text and then didn't reply for several hours. I sent him a text finally saying that is it we are not dating. and then all of a sudden he text saying I left my phone at home was at toys r us with kids and got pizza sorry. (he text me that didn,t pick up phone to say that.) I told him I didnt believe him. all he said to that was gee ok. I pursued it more and he wouldnt pick up the phone, and then all he text was his hands were full. I got fed up and that gave me visions of him in a hotel some where using and having sex with some stranger. I told him I cant do this, his behaviour was not normal. I went a whole week not talking to him, until my grandpa died and then I reached out to him. He said he would come over as long as I didnt laugh cuz he's breaking out from stress and really shaking (that he had a nervous breakdown.
I picked him up and he was shaky and saw that not only did he have "break outs" on his face he had a sore on his stomach and a few on his arms and hand. He said it was from nerves. Me telling it was over made him lose it. I wondered if in fact he really was off using that day which is why he would not call me. A week later his face broke out he said due to stressed out and depressed or overwhelmed he still has that habit. So I wondered if picking and scratching IS ONLY when they are using Or that could be a left over thing that could happen. I told him I could only be his friend cuz it also turns out he had been online chatting with other people the whole time we were suppose to be committed. I am a christian and really want to be there for him. He needs a normal (non user) friend in his life, and not just ex users, since they can back slide. I see the frustration since you can't help some one who will lie about it. He wrote me a letter, which I am going to post for you guys to read. I did a lot of blaming and I feel did the pity party and poor me act. Which I called him out on. He has been out of prison for 4 months and says he can't get a job. His parents I feel are enablers to a point as they are not encouraging him to hit the pavement and keep trying until some one says yes. They say no one wants to hire an ex inmate. I think he fear stops him but once he got a job, it would give him a sense of self worth and accomplishment, keeps him off the internet and gets him back into society doing a normal thing (like a job) even if it is a fast food place or home depot or Something just to start! He goes to school right now two nights a week. He spends a lot of time on the net and especially Craigs List (which is a terrible place for him to be on I think) the personal ads have many people wanting to party and have sex. I try to encourage him and be that voice of reason. I just trying to get more educated so I can call him out on it if I think or know he is bull shitting. If it turns out you only pick and scratch while using then I know what to say to him and how to encourage him. "okay you screwed up" forgive yourself and get back on the wagon. Lets move forward and try again." But I don't know maybe getting a job is not the answer.