View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
taylor777

DONT ever give up! You R important

I failed at over and over again until I wanted to literally die!!! Then I got duiis like too many to mention and hurt my family and my job. i prayed alot, the hardest part was the cravings i could not get them to stop....I had to stay clean for almost 12 months to stop driving by the liqour spell check hear! Anyways I would actually salivate at the thought of alcohol....It sucked! I felt so helpless and I did not want people to know how bad it was....
I finally was able to quit but I had to want it like nothing I had ever wanted in my life! I did not think that a human was that strong, but we are!!!! And we have all been there, get a few days and you feel great, go back to the drink and you beat your self up for days all over again.....not a fun cycle....Just try to get 16 or 17 days next time, baby steps are better than no steps....That is what I did I tried each time to get farther and farther away from it....You don't plan to drink it just grabs you so out of the blue sometimes.....Try to fight those mind games that tell you its ok, just set little goals and accomplish one thing at a time....
Just remember it is a decision, some are goood, some are great, some are dangerous, and some give us bad hangovers....try to remember the hangover when the strong waive of wanting to drink hits.....I know I am preaching here! Sorry I have so been there X10 woke up not knowing what happened the night before, said things to people on the phone I did not even know
i talked to, and payed alot of money for MY decisions...I hope this helps even 1 person in the world not drink tonite? Please remember you are stronger than the drink, don't let it control you, control it!!!! good luck and I hope to chat again soon.....I know you can do it!!!! please feel free to respond to me anytime struggling or not! I am new and probably really annoying sorry, just excited to be here!!!! H

Originally Posted by dasha View Post
4 MONTHS wow thats something ive only dreamed about in 10yrs,ive replied a few posts
on here,today is the start for me! seriously downed 3 litres cheap crap gutrot cider last
night, somethin which i never drink, as was more into the fine red wines, mixed with beer,
i could write the good wine guide!! but thats another story, yes i needed a sickener to
mentally and physically put me in the frame for the battle ahead, i mean buisness this
time, the longest ive done is a fifteen dayer, coffee helps me also into the real beans
espresso dark roast! a fact ive only just become aware of is the cheaper robusta beans
have twice as much caffeine in them as the higher altitude Arabica beans..
anyway a lot of good role models here to check in on, will post on progress,
good day to all.