View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:40 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Another week passes by and things are ticking along in a nice positive forwards direction.

I felt I would post again to this thread I started over a week ago as I find it to still be totally relevant to my continued sobriety.

It is my ultimate armory I am finding and that when any talk about drink/drugs arises, or I see old acqaintances who I used to get stoned with, the first thing that comes to my mind is "Yes... but I'm an alcoholic and drug addict!" This is really helping me greatly and I can talk openly about my past drinking and drug use and not have any sadness or nostalgia at all at present. Instead it is like talking about a totally different person who I am glad I met but I am not sad I will never meet again... I guess thats what they mean about acceptance and the serenity that comes with it! I can say I don't drink or take drugs and I feel 100% OK with that at present, for I know I am an alcoholic and drug addict, so for me it is something which is best left in a former life.

Grateful to be sober and have peace of mind about being sober. Things are slotting into place slowly but surely and this is purely a result of keeping sober One day at a time and working on my recovery. Thanks again SR for letting me share where I'm at.

Who would have thought I could be sitting here on a Friday night without any desire whatsoever to want to use drink or drugs. Very grateful for this.

Peace.