View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
taylor777

My first day here today and you were my first story I read!!!! Your awesome!!!!

Hi I am new so will keep it short, this site is very amazing I am excited to start it and not just sit around on my time off and watch mindless hours of tv. You inspire me man!!!! I have been there and those three day binges are the worst, you look foward to them all week and can barely recover let alone remember what the he#$ you did! I am glad to hear that you are doing well alcohol is sooooooooo hard to quit, the worst part is that you don't stop craving the crap for a very long time!!! Good job and keep going!!!! There is gold at the end of the rainbow!!!!! H

Originally Posted by a fallen man View Post
i need help with an addiction......to coffee....lol.

yesterday was day 134 without alcohol. things are really really good. my body feels great even though i've probably put on 15 pounds....they were needed.....i was rockin' that vodka only skinny chic.

things are going so well when i hit 4 months on january 8th i didn't even think about it being my anniversary.

when i was drinking vodka i never drank coffee....the stomach was just in too bad of shape to put anything that acidic (other than vodka) on it.

but i have got to the point that the esposa and i fix a pot every afternoon when i get home from work. we use a 1/2 decaf mix so i'm not up all night. but just like i used to dream of that first pull of the vodka when i got off work i start thinking about that coffee around 2:00. i get off at 3:30.

is this just another manifestation of my addictive personality? another sliver of oral fixation?

trust me....i'll take the coffee addiction over the vodka one any day of the week.

i really just wanted to check in and say all is well. to the newcomers that have started this week....i quit on september 8th because i was coming off of a 3 day weekend. i loved/hated 3 day weekends when drinking because i could stay ripped for 3 1/2 straight days without worrying about work but i was always so toxic on tuesday.

since quitting i've been through 3 of these holiday weekends and a 4 dayer in thanksgiving. it feels so great to feel great physically and mentally.

you can do it....i'm honestly nothing special even if at 50 my mom still says so....lol. you can quit just like i did. i did it with the help of these wonderful people on this forum and will forever be indebted to them.

thank you s.r.