View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 07:04 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
sunset2000
Sober Date 12/21/09

Originally Posted by mfrankl6 View Post
She can never truly exercise without drinking therefore she won't aggressively loose weight even if she wanted to. i know she was really used to getting attention because she is a pretty girl but now she is a apretty girl in her mind. She feels she gets ignored a lot now.
MAN! Can I relate to this! The more I drank the more weight I gained. The more weight I gained the more depressed I got, the more I hated myself and the more I drank. I've tried really hard for three years now to lose the extra 15 pounds I gained from drinking, yet had no luck because I wasn't ready to quit the booze. I even made a spreadsheet and backed out all my drinking calories to see what was left over that I could eat and stay under 1200 calories a day. Obviously that didn't work because I was DRINKING 1200 calories a day.

Anyway, today is my one month anniversary and I can tell you that the weight is just melting away now. I have more energy, am eating better and exercising more, and just generally happy with myself physically. Yes, I could still probably lose another 5-10 pounds but I love the way I look and feel.

If she's anything like me, the weight she's gained is probably making her feel worse. Sobriety and healthy living is the key, and will probably do wonders for her. But again, the desire to make a change had to come from deep inside me. No one else could have done it for me.