Old 01-21-2010, 05:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

i know that there are support groups and meeting. but i want to try and do it myself.
Cliff I will share with you that I tried the stopping MY WAY for MANY years, the result of the stopping MY WAY was winding up having alcohol owning me physically, mentally, & spiritually!

Check around here how many people have STAYED sober for over a year doing it their way! Very, very few.

For me after 40 years of drinking, the last 5 of which I doubt I drew a single sober breath, I finally surrendered to the fact that I had not a clue how to GET sober, little lone stay sober which I found far harder then getting sober.

There are a variety of long term recovery programs for a reason, the vast majority of alcoholics need a long term recovery program to stay sober.

I use AA, I credit the AA program & fellowship with saving my life and returning me to sanity! I would strongly suggest you try AA or some other recovery program.

If you wanted to learn to fly would you just hop into a plane and take off and see what happens or would you seek out an experienced pilot to teach you how to fly?

For me I had not a clue how to stay sober, so I sought out the experience of other alcoholics who were experienced in staying sober.