Old 06-14-2004, 06:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MrsUSUAgs
Paused

First step on the pathway to sobriety...hoping no fork in the road

Hello, and thank you very much!! Your posts have helped me to realize that there are many out there like me and I don't have to be embarrassed for being human. I DO however, need to accept responsibility for my past, current and future actions.

My story goes like this... I was a good kid, a drink every now and then at 17. Then the pot thing. Luckily it wasn't my drug of choice. Unfortunately I began dating a cocaine/ meth dealer in my mid 20's. I didn't even like that at first, but since it was always around, it grew on me. Needless to say, my life began to revolve around getting high. Finally I did it...hit "ROCK" bottom!! I sat in a hotel room after doing an 8 ball all alone in about 12 hours. I'm lucky to be alive. I got help and was clean for 15 years...until....my shrink came into the picture. Who new that my doctor would become my new drug connection?? He knew my drug history and still prescribed me ritalin...also mentioning how you can crush it and snort it...hmmmmm....interesting. I did fine for a while, but the ghost of euphoria past came back to haunt me. Soon I was out of control, but this time I am a mom, wife, student, community volunteer- not to mention having a constant, legal source for my addiction. How could I admit my weakness and get help? Well, I did last week. I am still struggling, but am using my time for more constructive things, like posting here.

Thanks for listening/posting, it really helps. I sincerely hope I have helped someone too! Any support, thoughts, stories, ideas, suggestions...etc. are very much appreciated! This site is my "NA" meeting until I can get to one so feel free to vent, preach, whatever. I"LL LISTEN!! WE CAN DO IT, TOGETHER!

Nettie :slap: