Thread: 60 Days for BBR
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 07:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bbr

60 Days for BBR

I’ve made it to day 60 and I feel great! Not that it’s been easy, but it has been getting easier as the time goes by.

I have been using SR for support. I have been reading everyday, though I don’t post very often. The 1st thing I do when I get home from work is read all the new messages in this Newcomer’s Forum and find many of the threads very motivating. It also provides a change of routine… important and helpful, as that’s the time when I would normally start drinking.

Last time I quit, about 2 years ago, I had a relapse at around 3 months. The mind started playing tricks like telling me “see… you don’t have a real problem… you can quit if you want and you’ve proved it” Pretty soon it was saying “ it’s OK if you only have a few while you’re on vacation… right?” It wasn’t long before I was looking for other excuses to drink and before I knew it I was back to a daily routine.

This time I know I have a real problem… I proved it the last time I relapsed, so it’s been easier to ignore the voice… and as a result it seems to be less intense and less frequent. I know it's a lie!

I am truly enjoying life more being sober than I did when I was drinking. Take care all and thanks again for the support.

BBR