View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

Congratulations on Day 5!

We do a lot of abuse to our bodies when we were drinking. Now that you aren't putting alcohol into your system, you're really going to notice changes that are taking place. On day 5, you're still pretty much in the detox stage, so you're naturally going to have nausea, lack of an appetite, maybe some diarrhea. All that will settle down. Physically you will feel better again soon. I'm not sure where the shortness of breath is coming into play, maybe anxiety? Not sure but if it continues, I'd check it out with your doctor.

Do you have any kind of support system in place? That's great that you haven't had any cravings but believe me, you eventually will. I highly suggest going to AA, getting some other women's phone numbers so when you get an urge, you can call someone. Some of us can go through a detox on our own, but we can't stay clean and work on our Recovery by ourselves. Believe me, I tried that route more times than I could begin to count. It doesn't work. SR is a great support system, but f2f is also needed.

Congrats again and keep posting and sharing.

God Bless,
Judy