View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 05:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lostmyway

Originally Posted by CrackQuack View Post
I like to get a tattoo when I feel at loss for coping! LOL... Good thing I don't have much money, or I'd be covered.
Anyway, nothing wrong with the word drop out. PC is really making our nation soft. I am a high school drop out who got her GED IN ACTIVE ADDICTION, and plan to do something with it starting this year. Hopefully February, but if I can't find my 2008 stuff, definitely by July, this year, I'll be in school!
And I don't plan to be soft on the youngin's when they cross my door cuz being hard will be what got them to me in the first place (I am going for juvie probation officer).
Congrats on how you handled things! I am proud of you!

CrackQuack...wow! What an amazing and inspriring story. My trouble is that I'm a bleeding heart. I've been through so much of what the kids I work with are going through...I've been addicted to alcohol, sleeping pills, I've suffered with depression, I made a serious suicide attempt and am very lucky to be alive today. Instead of being tough on them, I want to save their lives...there I go again, putting the weight of the world on my shoulders. But as I well know, you can't help someone who isn't ready to be helped, as was the case with the girl I dealt with yesterday. I'm sure a few more years in this field will toughen me up a bit. My boss has been doing this job for 11 years and he definitely doesn't take any sh*t!

A tattoo, BTW, was my first impulse, but I was lacking the funds for that as well, so that will have to wait