Thread: An Eye Opener
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 09:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
gggl67

Wow...I needed to hear THAT tonight! I too had checks stolen and forged to the tune of $1000 recently. Though it has happened in the past, I was always hesitant to press charges because at the time the checks were written, he had created such a mess for himself that I hated to add to it. He was always sorry and was always going to pay me back (rarely did, of course).

Well, this time was the last time for me. I was tired of sleeping with my purse, trying to figure out how I was going to pay the bills after he had cleaned out the account and didn't want to spend the next 6 months trying to play catch up. I pressed charges.

Everytime the phone rings, I cringe. Is it him calling me from jail to rip into me for pressing charges against him? But, you know what.....I shouldn't cringe. He made the decision to search for my purse. He made the decision to take my checkbook and write those checks. I wouldn't tolerate that from anyone else....why him?

Up until now, I have allowed him to get away with stealing from me. In a way, it is liberating to finally enforce those boundaries I have been threatening for years.