View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 09:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

Glad you shared that with us. . . you should be proud of yourself. I'd like to share something with you. I envision my disease as one of those huge blow up characters that are outside fast food restaurants when they are running a promo w/ a new movie that's out. . . those big things that hover over the rooftop. Well, mine isn't the cute character from the movie, but it's that big. Every single time that I don't give in to the urge, I deflate just a little bit of air out of it, take away some of it's strength. As you deflate it, you build your strength up.

I'm so glad that you called someone from AA. It's important to get comfortable with the people we meet at AA so when situations arise like this, you don't hesitate to call them. Sometimes that phone weighs a thousand pounds . . . it's hard to pick it up to call someone. But when you hold those things inside, even if you didn't drink over the situation at the time, you're giving a little bit of that strength back to your disease. . . it's ammunition for when something else happens, you have a pile of sh*t beginning to grow. Then, when that pile gets big enough, you drink over it all.

And by the way, welcome to the Color of the Month Club! lol My Son used to joke w/me that I changed hair color so much I should start a Color of the Month Club!

God Bless,
Judy