Old 01-19-2010, 07:12 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Hey, even without a free gym they can't keep you from going for a run on city streets!

This one's even longer than usual. Thanks to anyone who has the courage to proceed! LOL

I really don't like living alone, I miss my roommate. I know we fought and bickered and weren't necessarily the best in terms of being roommates, but he's my friend-- one of the best I've ever had-- and not having him around, even down the road where I could go say hi, is pretty tough to get used to. Yesterday was the roughest day I've had in a while and I couldn't call him. It was hard not to go to the bar. I got about a week ahead on my homework instead. We both are still cleaning up from drugs and we had the same circle of drug buddies so for a long time he was the only person I hung out with because we lost all our friends.

I really didn't have a bad day yesterday, but I didn't feel right. I wanted to go drink. I miss my friends, miss just hanging out and having normal fun. And making it worse, my coke dealer has started coming around again; he was calling last night. The second he found out my roommate was gone he bought me perfume and started calling me creepy pet names, and even brought some coke over once. I have not accepted any of the gifts and asked him to leave me alone but he's still calling. It's not comfortable. I've quit replying to his texts-- I won't even tell him to leave me alone since I tried that twice and he won't-- and do not answer his phone calls (which is becoming a cat-and-mouse game. He keeps calling from new numbers so I'm screening my calls now). I'm starting to think not only a new phone number but perhaps a new residence might be a good idea. If I presented such a case of harassment to the housing office at school I'm sure I would be allowed to choose a different apartment. Calling the police makes me nervous because first they dig into everything and obviously I only know this dude because I did drugs; and second if they arrest him I still have to deal with his thug friends. I am between the proverbial rock and hard place.

To correct the "no friends" problem last week I became active in a student group. It's a professional organization for women geologists, though we have a few *honorary women* in our group. I used to be active in it, and I decided the best way was to throw myself into it. I volunteered to help plan and organize the major fundraiser for the year: a chili cookoff. Time will tell if I have chosen wisely! :rotfxko

Sadly, I got my laptop back today. They detected bad sectors on the hard drive and replaced it completely. However, I sent it in because the keyboard didn't work and it still doesn't. So I sent it back and have another 7-10 business days of borrowing mom's computer. I'm annoyed. Learning to take things in stride again. Not so long ago that might have been an excuse for a case of beer and some dope.