SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Knocked off center...trying to get back on
Old 01-19-2010, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FreeingMyself

Knocked off center...trying to get back on

I felt like I have made such progress over the past few weeks, because I simply "let go" or detached. We are still seperated and it has become easier as time has gone on, but I still have those moments where I wish for the fantasy. Nothing has changed in the 2 months he's been gone, with the exception of him not drinking as much (that I know of). Of course how can I know when I am not around...so even that I am not sure about. Every moment of "clarity" that I believe he has is overshadowed by the following day being his mean, verbally abusive angry self. He actually believes that I say things I don't say. If I say, "You claim to be a christian and you speak like that?", he believe that is the same as me making fun of his job and insulting his person. That is about as mean as I get. I was honest with him today about some of the things I feel, and he told me that he couldn't believe I would insult his person that way....which I didn't. I have stopped reacting to his degrading, mean comments which just makes him try harder. When I do slip and say something - usually not mean, but a truth about the past or my feelings, he gets SO angry. He even told me to stop playing the batter wife syndrome card becuase it was getting old. Really?? I have heard everyones comments about going no contact....but I don't feel I can do that. I feel like I need to maintain whatever friendship I cna with him for our children. That said, I have had a very strong 2 weeks, felt confident, and calm.....I need to find that part of me again. Pregnancy hormones, and sleepiness probably make it worse!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to FreeingMyself For This Useful Post:
Jadmack25 (01-20-2010)