Old 01-19-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
coopde2

Hello... thanks for the feed back. when you lost wieght did you loose muscle too? I thought that alcholol damaged your body's ability to build muscle? Really i guess it is way to early to really know how I will react - just thought I'd ask others! About the detox biz... I am alittle aprehensive that I got off so easy given the amount and duration of the abuse! Would you think there is any chance that the **** will hit the fan in a few days? I would think not... but what do i know!
About AA... I went years ago and think that it is not for everyone... not for me. I only went to 4 meetings but found that i never wanted to drink more in my life than when i was at those meetings. I am one of those people who doesn't really accept help easily... My dad was the same way. I know this can be seen as a cop out... IE... if you say you need help then you really have a problem - and I certainly do not want to offend anyone... I believe everyone should do what works for them.
For now I will see how this goes. For the first time... I really do not want to drink... Knowing this the urges to do so are really hard to understand. I live in Quebec Canada where you can buy beer at a grocery store... I was going to by a box of beer yesterday (day 3)... thinking... I'll just have 2-3 a day!LOL... It occured to me... "i have more will power than this - Have some respect for yourself - and you know what will happen!" I didn't buy any. Yesterday when i woke up I was pleased that I was not going to open a beer! BTW... What would your guess be on how long realistically it takes before beer is not top of mind? One of the problem i have with AA... they reccomend you stay away from drinking buddies, bars etc... yet why would you want to remind yourself be hanging out with a bunch of alchoholics? Please explain!
Thanks Again... I hope I get more feed back like yours... questions are welcome... I guess if I have a plan for now it is to keep busy and keep my mind off the issue and eat a lot!... When ever I feel over haunted I will use this chat service!! Thanks Again!