Old 01-19-2010, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
coopde2

Questions for anyone willing to help a newbe!

Hello Carol... I am brand new to the site and have read many of the posts it this thread as it seems appropriate... the beginnings. I found this site looking for information about withdrawl. I have been drinking beer everyday for at least 18 years... perhaps 3 stints of abstenance within the entire period lasting at most 3 days. Over the last 10 years my drinking went from about 12 beers a day to 16... i smoke incesently whilst drinking I work from home... it is a perfect set up!!. Recently I really wanted to stop... the waste of time money, the guilt, stupidity, depression, embarasment, risk of DUI and childrens aid, the fact that everyone smells it on you, the health concerns... (my liver when last checked over 4 years ago was twice the size of normal - and I have... still do likely if not worse... elevated enzyme counts... like someone with hepititis!) I do not want to do it any more.. Starting Saturday morning I stopped... Was shaking, sweating a little especially when I ate... by evening I was OK... easily irratated and wanted be left alone... but ok.
Other accounts of what people have experienced... your own included don't make sense to me.... I believe I kind of out did everyone in terms of volume... not to many people have as much time to drink all day everyday!! and yet... currently I feel normal... A little bored - restless - not knowing what to with myself... I also seem to smell funny... sort of sugary sweat but not in a pleasent way.
Could it be that the worst is yet to come? Could it be that it was because I was drinking beer exclusively... (if I ever drank the yard stuff id get really hammered... perhaps becuase i was already full of beer... ?)
Sorry to be so verbose... but lastly.... I have lost 5 pounds in two days!!!! I was at my ideal weight Saturday morning... I go to the gym 4 times a week.... I notice I have lost strength as well.... Please let me know what you make of this - other people have suggested that you wind up retaining water and thus should be gaining wieght?
Thanks for your time... I am glad to have found this site!