View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 08:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Lilyflower
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by JenT1968 View Post
with respect Lilyflower & Helenlee, Transform has an action plan put in place with her physician that she has discussed and agreed with and that they have come to witha whole heap more disclosure and knowledge than we as observers on an internet forum have.
Well put Jen, it is true. If you read my post, the first thing I said is that triggers don't go away on there own, that the thoughts etc behind them need to be processed. I then asked if she had a professional she could contact.

I did not state that her approach was rubbish.

I know PTSD. I experience triggers myself. I explore CBT as a remedy to my PTSD and try to lesson the severity of my responses by this approach. I no longer depend on anti-depressants or anti-anxiety meds, and I believe that re-thinking my thought processes have been the driving force behind that.

I do believe that numbing emotions with drugs is not the best approach. Thats my personal opinion. It can be psychologically addictive to numb out. Taking meds in the absence of any other coping technique will not make PTSD go away. But as you rightly say, I don't know what has been agreed with T and her doc. It was never my intention nor aim to influence T to reject her doctors guidance, just to offer my opinion.

Respect
Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx