View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 07:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
GiveLove

Hang in there, transformie. From reading you for a couple of days, there is something happening with you chemically that has you right on the edge, it appears. What could it be, d'you think? Are you getting enough sleep? Going to yoga? Are you superstressed about the money thing? Hormonal, dreading that whole endometriosis nightmare?

Do you have a physical outlet besides yoga? I am not a violent person, but I got through a lot of family anger by taking up exercise that forced me to move my body, fast, aggressively, until I was exhausted. Racquetball came first, then just whacking on a punching bag, then finally trail running. Does that sort of thing work for you?

Do what you must. Your family isn't changing.

Congratulations on slapping their wrist on this, by the way. They sound clueless and stupid, and stupid ought to hurt There's no reason why you shouldn't object to something like that if it hurts you. Some day it won't bug you at all, but for now, I see nothing wrong with speaking up.

From the flip side: There's a great video of me as a kid being pushed out of the way by my brother so he could climb the ladder of the slide. I don't fall or anything, just stand there dumbfounded. He feels so guilty about that video. He mentions it all the time, "Sorry I wasn't nicer to you as a kid." Honestly, if he brings it up one more time I'm going to thump him (nicely).

You are growing. Your growing edges are tender right now. Take good care of yourself.