View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 10:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
jdaviscpd

Just remember how awful it feels right now. I'd bet...something important, it's the booze. Today is day number three for me. I've been hospitalized three times in the last month because of the booze. After spending last Monday-Friday holed up in a cheap hotel room, I somehow was convinced by my family to come home. Friday night was terrible. Cramps. Awful restlessness. Anxiety. Heart about to explode. Shaking a bit (the first time I've actually shaken). I thought I had done some permanent damage to my stomach. I couldn't eat until Sunday night and threw that up shortly after. I made a decision this time to be sober for myself. My family to of course, but this time I feel different about it. I'm actually quite scared. I believe if I go out there again there is a good chance I will not come back. See a doctor anyway, but a couple shots isn't going to help. Trust me. And you've made it to day four. It will only get better from here. I tell myself, this is the last time I can feel this way. I can't do this to my life. Do I want to die swimming in vodka in a sleazy motel room, I ask myself. As soon as I can straighten out one or two things I'm checking into a rehab for as long as they'll keep me (my 4th or 5th). I need to be away for a while. I've said I've had enough before, but I've never really thought about my life and who I have become. An alcoholic. Whenever I try to incorporate alcohol into my life, I lose everything I've gained. Thank god my family has stuck by me through all I've put them through. But anyway, I know how you feel. See a doc if you're really worried but alcohol is poison. It destroys the stomach, messes with your brain chemistry. I felt foggy yesterday. That was a new one too. A hangover and feeling shaky two days later? It scared me. But I'm feeling surprisingly better tonight, especially after reading all the posts here. I've been in the chat room for a year when I should have been reading the forums.