View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mfrankl6

Talking My wife is a degrading drunk!

15 years of togetherness! My story is very complex! I love my wife but find my self falling out of love with her when dealing with her drunkenness. Over the past couple of years we have struggled to stay together. I have had every reason to part ways with my significant other. I was very young when we got together still in high school. She was the older of us at 20 years old but she had the spirit of a teenager. Drinking comes from her father. She grew up drinking alcohol in our younger years it was very cute for my then very sexy wife to come home to me after clubbing and we would do wild and crazy things. This would occur for sometime. a family later and now I believe I have finally hit adulthood just getting into my thirties. I am finishing my education and looking to the future my wife doesn't care much for that or balancing the check book. Anything involving money is her kryptonite. We have been fighting constantly over value issues. I told her she needs to set better examples for our kids because she would be completely irrational. She has had two major accidents in the past year. I will leave that maddening discussion for another forum. I finally convinced her to go to counseling after threatening to leave her. She told the counselor we were only there because of me and she felt she didn't have a problem. She stopped drinking for a week or two then restarted 2 cans at a time until she got back up to 2 - 4 packs a day maybe more because she doesn't admit to anything I see the cans in the trash when I come home from work. She is home 2 to 3 hours before I get home and my kids (teenagers) tolerate her mess. I am reaching my point of no return. Here is the gem in the matter I have finally gotten us to the point where we can afford a home long time awaited. I really wanted a house long ago but was never ready for various reasons. Now my wife is terrible I know if I buy this house I can be stuck footing the bill because I get the urge to walk away. I really want this for my kids and myself. I have worked this long to get to this point and she wants to destroy herself now. She is on a destructive path. I told her and the counselor when she gets drunk I don't want anything to do with her(that person) so I just go upstairs when I get home from work. She is always trying to have sex with me when she is drunk I get so turned off as soon as I see the glassy look in her eyes. What am I supposed to do. Then she gets upset with me. I used to have the ability to talk to her. Give her good advice when she was drunk and she would listen now she will do the complete opposite. She has gotten to the point of being threatening to herself and others when driving drunk. she has been extremely blessed to not be sitting behind bars right now but the accident has caused me to be blamed for the accidents being everything is in my name. The money, credit, and balance budget for bills is due to me but i am getting tired I want to depend on someone also and know that someone has my back and I don't have to worry about anything. I have lots more but I don't want to bore the readers. This is ongoing!