Old 01-18-2010, 04:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
HIgby442

Hey there, I totally understand what you are going through. I am 27 and am facing the same challenges. I am currently 16 days in and have mixed days that are really hard, but also good days. And, i said this in another post somewhere, but my worst days now are far better than my best days when I was not sober. Just try and hang in there, live for the good things going on. And, with respect to the freinds and family bit, my freinds have distanced themselves a bit. But, i think it takes a little time. For me, the last 16 days seem like an eternity, but my freinds have been there for several years, since I was a little kid and I think they just need some time to adjust to this change. If they are good enough freinds, they will understand what you are going through and be there for you. For me, my freinds found it helpful for me to tell them what they could do to help. My family on the other hand, I havent really talked to them about it yet. It will be a surprise because I have hidden the worst of my actions, they have only seen me in bad shape a small amount of times, and chalked it up to making some bad decisions, or special occassions.

As for heading into a meeting, my advice is, just try it once at least. give it the opportunity to work for you. Worst case scenario is you are out an hour of your day, and I bet now that your sober, you have some more free time. I tried it, and found it to be a great experience, and in fact wish I could go to 3 meetings a day.

You know what is best for you though and remember that. Good luck and hope this helps.