View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 04:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
barb dwyer
same planet...different world

ItsMeAlice wrote:
I can't for the life of me figure out why I just keep ending up exposed to completely egocentric/narssisistic/attention seeking waste of space people after taking such a stand and leaving my XABF who was one, and yet here I am having moved a second time and I am confronted with a new roommate who has been nothing but a problem for me. I extended a welcoming demeanor to him and I have been manipulated by him ever since. After struggling and feeling miserable, I finally came to my senses and realised that I was buying right into his BS just as I had bought into the BS of those before him.

I started to wonder if my higher power wasn't bringing this person in my life to get me to change myself. I think I will always run into this kind of person in life even if it's for a brief time. I can't just keep packing it all in and moving away. I can't uproot my life over and over to avoid them...they're everywhere! So I've got to learn how to deal with this without it costing me, without it defeating me, and without it stunting my personal growth.
Alice, I could have written something SO similar to that I couldn't let this pass, especially on this thread - cuz our friend TC is at the same place.....
and ti's certainly no SECRET that I am up to my armpits with teh same personality types all the way to an unrelenting land.. well SLUMlord.

I like your 'theory' (about HP showing you stuff)
my *own* theory is more

that it's to do with HP showing us all the OTHER areas in our lives
that are 'flavored' by this codie crap...

and now we finally have the awareness, and the tools to clean THEM up as well.

For some of us it IS about taking a stand
for others it might be more about the negotiating thing
boundaries for others,

but what I LOVE the most about this site

is we're all in this together.

I learn... from YOUR experience as well.