Old 01-18-2010, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Wow i was told to not pick up a drink, read the big book and get on with step 4 which would be followed by phone calls every other day saying have you done x yet...cmon....through to step 9...where it turned to have you made x amend yet...cmon...

We did meet for coffees about twice a week and dinner out with other AA folks almost every week...tell you one thing he must have been glad when i did step 9 cos i was quite relieved too, some of the rubbish i talked in the times i saw him before that was literally unbelievable...my best one was saying to him 'you can tell me to believe or do x but i absolutely won't change my stance on that'...then him explaining why i had to believe/do it and me believing/doing it, literally 5 minutes later lol

He's a good lad and saved my life, when we talk now it's like a couple of mates having a convo...i still run things past him and he tells me to do stuff although it is more living stuff now...i trust him 100% and some things he leaves up to me to decide to do, some things he says i have to do them and i do them...

Important to note that he does have a couple of flaws which he does recognise about himself, even after 24 years of sobriety, but by seeing them and working on them he shows me things to watch out for as well as things to aspire for...it is an amzing relationship to have with another human being and one that i am very grateful for:-)