Old 01-18-2010, 02:26 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
allport

Sorry if my posts were a little flippant Tyler, believe me I know how horrible your situation must be.

Low self esteem and self hatred are a way of life with me and I totally would never put a photo of myself on a dating site, it may sound like a small thing but it's an example of how strange an image we have of ourselves.

Over Christmas I had a bit of an OMG moment when I realised how demented I was acting when I wouldn't let my 6 year old niece take a picture of me with her new camera, she was really bewildered by my attitude.

I decided there and then to be extra careful not to put myself down for my appearance any more, especially in front of a young girl who does not need those kind of messages from her family.

I have been using smarts tools for my drinking and they working well for me (not perfectly I admit but that is down to my unwillingness to use them when I know I should) and I think it might be time to apply them to other aspects of my life.

Time to break the cycle.

On another tack, have you been to see a Dr to check if you need meds or need them changing? It sounds to me like depression may be a factor here.