View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 05:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
PHIZ007

It's a tricky one and I used to do similar serveral years ago! The difference was he would always come with us if we made the effort to go out and actually that was the good bit! he still drank regardless of being out or home....but it was a good social thing for me!

It can be a very very lonely road...but my advice would be to definatly make a life for yourself by seeing your friends and going to events etc etc....you need it for YOU! truly you do......

you said if you go you will come back to him being drunk.....what if you stay in would he get drunk anyway? My A definatly would so whether we stay in or go out he will drink so now I choose to go out more than I ever would have before and it makes me feel good as regardless if he is drinking or not I get to go out and enjoy other peoples company - the alternative for me would be to stay in with him getting drink and emotionally shutting down - not that much fun really!

You will know what works best for you and if you miss your friends and you enjoy their company make the effort to go and see how that makes you feel......I think it can only be a good thing. Give it a go and see where it takes you....Good luck with it all - this disease totally sucks! PHIz