View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 01:26 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
thirtybubba
Owner of a strange glitch.

When I open this page, I get to see that top post... and it's weird, I don't feel that way at all anymore. I've been mighty busy these last couple days, kinda like back in the day (early day... not those last few years all alone), just up and go, crash where I crash (admittedly I don't have any real urgent responsibilities these days until school starts back up). I like it. And it's rejuvenated me, I feel alive, and more able to do the basic things... and a few more complicated things. I've been navigating, alone and with my sponsor, all over this county and the next two, with only the occasional problem--and those are easily surmountable. Nothing looks that big.

Not to say it's been all clear... I've been having doubts about my ability to pull this off, but the day to day has become easier and as long as I'm busy... no time to drink. Sure, I could sneak or something, but I think this is what I wanted all along--to just be part of life. So even I, who can come up with all sorts of reasons a day might go better with alcohol, have to admit there is no good one right now.

Take care y'all,
TB

ps. Unbroken, yeah it does feel better to write things out... and I think you make a lot of sense with your analogy and where you took it.