View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 12:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JACKRUSSELLGIRL

Had a Little AHA Moment

My AH has not been home since Friday and my house feels so peaceful. He is not taking my determination to really separate this time very good. You see I have talked about it several times and the past and never followed through. This is where my AHA Moment came in. It was me who was not following through on the ACTION part. Here I expected HIM to follow through on his ACTION to stop drinking for good and get treatment, YET I nevered followed through on my ACTION of leaving or separating everytime I said I was going to.

I know him quite well and he thinks if we give each other space for a couple of days, we will be ok. But something happened to me this weekend, I realized I do not want to do this dance anymore. I do not want to makeup to end up in the same situation in a few months. That is the DANCE, I threaten to separate, he stops for a few months and then starts up again. I really need to be strong this time and follow through with my OWN ACTION and forget about waiting for him to follow through with his ACTION.

Here is where you guys come in, I need you to keep me strong so I do not cave again. Progress not Perfection. I sense I am starting to get there and it is starting to feel OK but I know I still need a little help on my recovery road from the great people of SR.