View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 10:56 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Originally Posted by daphne View Post
I am not taking that attitude " screw you you don't know what I am going through"
I know others have been through similar things but everyone is unique and everyone's experience slightly different. Its not a simplistic issue.
I do not subscribe to the "sick alcoholic" view and I do not feel its helpful to label me as such ........ I find it quite offensive actually
there is a lot of support on here which i really appeciate, but a lot of labelling too ,which goes against the grain for me in terms of my values.
I see alcohol as a "symptom" not the cause
I have so much guilt in my life not ONLY about drinking
When I stopped drinking for 6 weeks I still felt guilt , about tons of other things past and present.
Maybe thats a female thing? the guilt
Sorry to labour a point here but clearly you are doing what i said;-)

The guilt that you feel after staying dry, not being sober, for 6 weeks is because you are still the same person you were when you were drinking, all alcoholics feel the guilt, remourse, sadness, frustration etc, this is what seperates an alcoholic from a heavy drinker, it's not confusing at all...the heavy drinkers i knew wouldn't feel guilty about anything they did because they did it whilst drunk, an alcoholic displays just as much of the insanity, if not more, in the dry periods in between drinking?! Why do you think so many of us keep drinking for so long...any sane person would have gotten help years ago, on a dry day would have though **** im an alcoholic better get some help!!!

It really is incredibly simple and you are no different to any other problem drinker or whatever feels a comfortable label for you...the sooner you realise that the quicker you will be able to do something real about it. i wish you the best and hope you get a clarity moment or just head down to AA:-)

Just wanted to tell you how it is, wouldn't have made any difference to me before if someone had told me but hey, maybe you are different...