View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lastchance12

Wink Day 4...and barely hangin in there :/

Hello everybody. I feel very welcome and comfortable on this site because EVERYBODY here is in the same boat, with very different, yet very similar experiences. We are all going through, or have previously gone through the process of sobriety, or at least have an interest. If not, that's kind of weird to be on this site lol no harm intended if you fit those shoes. I have been smoking pot daily-meaning give or take 3-5 times a day-breakfast lunch dinner, and am ready to start a new life, because we all know the grass is greener on the other side!...not the same "grass" thank God!

I am 20 years old and have been smoking weed for just over 4 years now. I have a long line of addiction in my family and like most avoided the signs til it was too late. Actually it was more of a denial..the "Pot is not addictive/it's good for you/everybody does it" attitude...all the lies that led to continual use blunt after blunt.

I have been arrested twice, both times for marijuana possession, so it is quite clear it has negatively effected my life. but do not get the wrong impression of me...I am by no means a bad person. I have a heart of gold and would take a bullet for anyone any day. I am very open minded and accept everyone as they are...even if you are a ****head.

I am very functional when I smoke, but although I am "functional" i came to realize that is not the same as living to my full potential. I have not ruined my life-I am in fact doing very well. I attend college and have manyyy friends and close relationships. BUT I KNOW I would be at an even better, no MUCH better place if I did not smoke. I have gotten extremely lazy and cut off a lot of relationships with my non-smoking friends. and i know it will in fact destroy me gradually if I do not put the pipe down for good and get some control of my life.

SO...

Here i am 4 days into recovery, and feeling soooo crappy, which is what led me to discover this site. I am worried because I have several times attempted to get sober, and failed miserably all before day 11. Every time I was very motivated, but I do not know what happened. I feel as though this is my last chance. I am giving it 100% and truly believe, or more or less KNOW I will do it because I won't let myself give in this time!

If anyone can relate or has advice please post! because I know that day 4 is just beginning, but I'm here for the ride and don't plan on getting off anytime soon!

peace and love
Kyle