View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 05:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by DecBaby View Post
My story ended with father actually committing suicide about 3 years after we met. He had problems and addictions as well. I can say that was the most hurtful thing ever cuz I felt I was cheated out of a relationship with him, as awkward as things may have been when he was alive. Please get that thought out of your head bacause it is a very selfish thing to do and absolutly would have a negative impact on him.
I'm sorry that happened to you. I never want to put my son through that. He was only 2 when it happened. I wasn't at the house, but his mother called 911 and he heard the conversation. She didn't want him to hear it, but it happened. He was a bit confused, but he told his mommy that he knew what was going on. She was a bit concerned. He said, "Daddy fell into a hole." She said, "yes, that's what happened, but he'll be OK."

I don't know if he remembers this or not, knowing him, he probably does. We've never talked about it. I don't ever want to put him in that position again. Thanks again for all your support.