View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 06:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
HumbleBee

Originally Posted by kellybell View Post
When will it get better in days? months? years?
You're likely to get lots of different answers because everybody is different and how long for us to 'bounce back' also depends on the substance/amount/length of time that we were addicted. I was a heavy daily drinker for a very long time and I quit cold turkey. The physical benefits were immediate (the first few days), but the mental part of addiction is still something I actively have to keep in check (counseling is very helpful).

Check out the other forums here on SR, particularly the substance abuse forum. No doubt many folks there have been where you're at and very likely are recovering from the same thing as you.

I know you said you had kids but I don't know how old you are. I found this info on a reply for another post recently. If needed, they can at least point you to a hotline that's geared to your age and situation.

National Youth Crisis Hotline: 800-442-HOPE (4673)
Provides counseling and referrals to local drug treatment centers, shelters, and counseling services. Operates 24 hours, seven days a week.

I know it's hard, but hang in there, check out the other forums and don't forget...

BREATHE...