View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 06:41 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
augustwest
dopeless hope fiend

Sup gang? Well i made it through day 19, barely. Funny you mentioned today, day 19 for you too cinglenluvinit as being hard. I had my share of challenges. My computer at work got a virus this am, infiltrating the entire offices system and basically bringing the business i manage to a halt. Still haven't fixed the problem. For a minute there, when the stress kicked in i was ready to run for the hills and find the dopeman. But i took some breaths and hit a noon meeting instead. whew...

I got tied up with my tech guy getting the problem worked on and ended up missing my evening meeting. No biggie, so i went to my favorite indian restaurant for dinner, alone. Haven't been there in a couple months and i'm a regular, so when i walk in everybody's like "hey!" and the manager brings me some sort of mango rum drink without my ordering and sits it front of me, saying "this is on me. good to see you again."

My eyes lit up. I could taste that ish. I almost reached for it. Then i paused. 1-2-3, OK i don't want this. I know what'll happen if i drink this. But the guy gave it to you John. YOu don't want to offend him. Drink it. NO. DO IT! NO. It's just one, nobody will know. But i'll have to pick up a white chip and start over, telling everyone. You don't have to tell anybody. Yes I DO. And so on and so forth....

After a couple minutes of this nonsense i motioned the guy over and thanked him but told him i'd quit drinking. Funny enough, he said "good for you". I've been trying to quit but i can't. That's awesome!" HaHa. Hard to believe now that my dumas was close to drinking just to not offend some acquintance who's name i don't even know. But i didn't and i feel great about that. Stronger and more steadfast in my new life.

Thanks for letting me share...

Congrats to all for another day clean!

Namaste