View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 02:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Hey man. Thanks for posting! Good to know I ain't alone!!

Hang in there man, it may seem like a real mindf*ck at times being 24 and having to pretty much stay home, work, go to AA but thats just gotta be done for people like us. I have to be still very careful about my life at the moment 6 months in. I just realise that this staying in/working recovery has just gotta be done if I want to be able to get a decent life in my future. I know what it feels like to hit that rock bottom man and it ain't pretty is it?

I view it very much how you say it "I realize that if I take that first drink I could do more irreparable damage to myself or others so I don't take that drink one day at a time" I know if I was to ever take that first drink then something catastrophic could happen which could totally wreck my whole life and then I wouldn't have nothing to get out for and could see myself just give-in to my alcohohlism. I don't want that, would be such a waste of my life.

I never want to go back where I came from, I relaised I could have gone lower materially but mentally I was wrecked. I was just done with it.

If I could have seen where I am now 12 months ago I wouldn't have believed it. All thanks to staying sober one day at a time. Still a long way from being perfect but it's progress!

Thanks again man, peace x