Old 01-15-2010, 12:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
intention
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by robobrain View Post
Anyway, I do appreciate everyone's input, and I understand I must work harder on the steps...but are there any supplementary tools I can use to alleviate the way I feel?
Have you ever told anyone at the meetings how lonely you are and asked to meet up?

Perhaps others are feeling the same. An AA meeting is certainly one place where you can open up about your feelings without the fear of being laughed at. You could even share how you feel in a meeting......perhaps someone may approach you after.

Look out for what you can do for other, rather than looking in at you and what is missing in your life.

Procrastination is just part of the alcoholic disease. It's very cunning and trying to draw you back in. Right now it is being successful. You have got so low you are even starting to think back to a time when you had been suicidal in the past and you are feeling the pain so bad the pain is physical. The next step will be picking up a drink. That's what your disease wants.

When I have sponsored I have got the sponsee to make an appointment to do Step 5 before they even start Step 4 so it is a few days after they start the Step 4. Taking a long time to review all the crap we have experienced in our life or all the bad we have done is enough to make anyone miserable. The 12 Steps are not meant to make you miserable - I go back to Bill's story P12 & 13 - see how quick he did them.